Prepare food for patients, visitors, employees, and special functions in accordance with special diets and general diet menus, using standardized recipes, following production and tally reports and using a variety of manual and electrical equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares food for patient meals and cafeteria.
- Prepares food for special functions and off-site facilities.
- Plans cooking schedule ensuring that all food meets time schedule requirements.
- Prepares the cafeteria cycle menu in conjunction with cafeteria attendants.
- Reviews special functions on the day of service with the catering hostess.
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and cost effective work area daily.
- Operates all equipment and cutting implements safely.
- Trains new attendants on hot food production for patients and cafeteria.
- Tests new recipes being considered for inclusion on the menu.
- Uses patient census and previous cafeteria sales and forecast quantities of foods to prepare and items needing advanced thawing.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in quantity food preparation.
- Must be able to read, write and make simple calculations and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be available for weekend and occasional evening work.
- Preferred Qualifications: Formal coursework in cooking.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.