Location: United States of America Milwaukee (South 2nd Street)
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: United States of America (remote)
The IT Technical Leader is critical path for transformation, innovation and development operations. The team consists of skilled, professional engineers and Analysts to develop and support solutions delivering accelerated digital transformation. The Technical Leader will act as Resource Manager and Solutions Architect for the team. You will lead the team to consult, plan, design, deliver, and operate solutions for various business capabilities and must possess fluency in networking fundamentals, automation, scripting and DevOps practices and process. You will be pivotal to helping Rockwell move to a Cloud-First operating model and create best-in-class, agile, on-demand IT products and services.
What you will do:
- Align with SAFe Agile principles
- Partner with customer business units to use to understand strategy to achieve revenue faster
- Drive the architecture/road map alignment
- Help teams to use DevOps tools and practices; Contributes to vision and owns program backlogs and implementations
- Lead the team to define iterations and user stories, design, code, and test new tools, applications, and services to reduce toil
- Act as a mentor and learner- always answer/ask questions to challenge the status quo
- Collaborate with capability team to build an agile culture in teams
- Lead the team to author and iterate tech-to-tech documentation
- Stay current with latest cloud tech and obtain/maintain cloud certifications
- Help Rockwell abandon the way we've always done it and adopt orchestrated, automated, cloud-leveraged service delivery model
- Apply process improvements to facilitate improved outcomes
- Bring industry best-practices and new thinking to the team
- Provide Site and Application support for global development teams
- Overall responsibility for team's financial management and optimization
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of leadership experience
- Experience with managing a globally dispersed team providing site and application support
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team's potential
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills to help keep the team focused and delivering consistent value
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Experience managing the overall delivery through the aligned team
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Azure DevOps, GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Docker (Titus)
- Motivated to solve problems with a bias for action.
- Security conscious in everything you do
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).