St. Peter Herald is looking for a sports reporter who’s
equally comfortable writing an enterprise piece on booster
club finances, gamers or a feature on a top prep athlete.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and five of your best
Responsibilities and Duties
• Writing previews, game stories, features and analysis for
area sports teams.
• Contributing to the newsroom’s efforts to effectively cover
and inform the community.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful applicant will have insatiable curiosity about
all kinds of sports and recreation (not just prep athletics.)
• An excellent grasp of interviewing and writing techniques
and a demonstrated knowledge of how multimedia
• Reporters who thrive on writing only gamers need
• Four-year post-secondary degree in a related field,
or comparable practical experience in a work environment.
• Experience using social media
• Experience using InDesign is a plus
• Technical competence with Word and Web-based
• Video skills a significant plus, as is fluency in
Please mail responses —
resume, cover letter and
five clips to Suzanne Rook,
Regional Managing Editor,
514 Central Avenue North,
Faribault MN 55021, or