About the Pay
The salary range listed $65,000 - $75,000 per year reflects the target hiring range only and does not represent the full employee pay range for this position.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Position
As a Wellness Program Administrator at Central Arizona Project (CAP), you would be an integral part of the Environmental, Health, and Safety team administering all aspects of the CAP wellness program. You would design, develop, communicate and implement health and wellness programs CAP wide. You would develop health coaching relationships with employees by providing support, encouragement, and education as well as design individual employee health programs.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Design and develop health and wellness programs and initiatives working with the Wellness Committee to support CAP's efforts in assisting employees to lead healthy lives, and change unhealthy behaviors.
- Perform various duties related to employee health and wellness initiatives including, but not limited to one-on-one discussions and nutrition counseling, group training, weight and disease management discussions, cardio strengthening and conditioning, weight management and or exercise initiatives.
- Offer group and individual nutrition and fitness counseling.
- Present health topics for crew safety meetings.
- Develop, implement and maintain accountability for the wellness program budget.
- Conduct company-wide safety presentations. Plan, facilitate, and execute the annual Health, Safety and Wellness Expo during Safety Week.
About the Qualifications
To be successful in this role, you will have a Bachelor’s in a health-related field such as health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, or counseling. You will have at least three years of professional work experience in the field of health and wellness. You will bring extensive knowledge about weight management, nutrition, smoking cessation, stress reduction and chronic conditions. You will have experience creating and administering wellness programs. Also essential are strong computer proficiency, excellent customer service and work relationship skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
What Makes this Job Awesome?
The best part about Wellness at CAP is playing a key role in helping CAP employees (and their families!) feel happy and healthy, for years to come. The work environments and roles are unique at CAP in that they range from working behind a desk to out in the field. You have a lot of flexibility to get creative with wellness and programming including nutrition, exercise, mindfulness and more.