College and Career Readiness Coordinator
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive college and career readiness counseling program to maintain that all students graduate high school with a post-secondary plan.
The College and Career Readiness Coordinator will cultivate relationships and opportunities for work based learning experiences. The College and Career Readiness Coordinator will work with the high school staff to provide the promotion of college and post-secondary learning opportunities for all students.
- Collaborate with Elementary, Middle and High School Guidance Counselors to develop and implement a K-12 aligned college and career readiness counseling program.
- Establishes 9-12 College and Career Exploration curriculum and conducts classroom lessons.
- Establish and oversee a Career Exploration and Internship Program (CEIP) at Lansingburgh High School. Coordinates development of Certified CTE program within Lansingburgh School District.
- Contacts and recruits area employers for the purpose of securing commitments of internships, part time, summer, and full-time jobs for students and maintains an active file of job availability. Communicates opportunities to students and parents.
- Create an Employability Skills workshop that assists students with the job application and interview process, develops workplace readiness skills and prepares students for workplace success.
- Assists in overseeing College in the High School (HVCC and SUNY) and P-Tech Programs.
- Plans a variety of field trips and school based activities to expose students to postsecondary options.
- Assists with scheduling university, college, and military recruiter visits.
- Assists students with the college application process and holds weekly College/Career assistance meetings.
- Plans multiple events for students and parents to explore financial aid options and applications..
- Attends evening workshops to provide information to students and families.
- Develops and distributes social media announcements regarding post-secondary information sessions.
- Creates and distributes student surveys to track student plans and readiness for career and college.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education, or related field; minimum of two years of demonstrated success creating partnerships within diverse populations and stakeholder groups.
This is a 12-month position with a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/lansingburgh/onlineapp/, Job ID 325, by June 23, 2021.
Lansingburgh Central School District is rich in heritage, diversity, and pride. It is also faced with the needs of an ever-changing community. At Lansingburgh Central School District, we strive to create for all students a productive, challenging, and safe educational environment guided by the New York State Learning Standards. Our students will acquire civic values, skills, and strategies through a dynamic partnering of school and community. With these experiences, we hope students will be inspired to fill their lives with learning and self-sufficiency.
Lansingburgh Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.