HomePod Systems QA
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200252168
Would you like to work on a dynamic team that is all about delivering a quality experience on some of the world's most creative products? We are the HomePod Systems QA Team, and we are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced QA engineer with a passion for consumer electronics and technologies like AirPlay, Wi-Fi, precision audio, and Siri. You'll enjoy working on a team of diverse-minded Systems QA engineers as we take on new problems and help refine brand-new technologies for a simple and elegant user experience. You'll partner closely with the hardware teams as we develop the next generation of devices that seem almost magical. You'll also work with software engineering on planning for the new set of features that will take HomePod to the next level. You will be proud of your work through every step of the development cycle and will help make HomePod more flexible, reliable and easy to use. Come be a part of a team using creativity and innovation to test features that our customers love!
- Minimum of 3 years in a quality-focused role, preferably working on consumer electronics.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies, such as test planning, scheduling, and regression.
- Experience being responsible for a complete functional area of a product or application.
- Experience working with partners across different teams and organizations to clearly communicate status and raise critical issues.
- Ability to think analytically, reduce data sets, problem-solve, and innovate.
We build, modify, and execute tests for validation of hardware and software features at the system level (the whole, integrated product). You will: - Design and execute integrated system/scenario tests (including ad-hoc and interoperability). - Write test plans and other test documentation. - Work cross-functionally with other QA teams, Developers, and Project Managers. - Build automation tools to improve testing abilities. - Report status on tests, projects, and innovation regularly. - Be a vocal proponent for quality, both internally and externally.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience.