HID - Senior iPhone Quality Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200255353
We are looking for a passionate and experienced manager to lead the HID (Human Interface Device) iPhone Quality Engineering team. This team is responsible for validating the embedded software, firmware, and algorithms for sensors that are critical to the iPhone user experience. In this role you have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of a product in the hands of millions of people worldwide.
- 5+ years experience as a Quality Manager, preferably for firmware or embedded systems
- Customer Focused: Passionate about user experience, high-quality software, and what we can do to improve it
- Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, empower and develop the best engineers
- Executive Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience
- Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience
- Priority Driven: At ease working in a continually changing, dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Prior experience with embedded software or firmware validation for a shipping product
- Familiarity with test automation or continuous integration systems
As the manager of the HID iPhone Quality Engineering team you will be responsible for providing direction to your team members, establishing validation strategies and schedules to ensure exceptional quality and end user experience, driving automation efforts to improve engineering efficiency, guiding the team in design and implementation of test plans, reporting on the quality of products in development, and mentoring and coaching your team. You should be at ease working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which developing and cultivating partnerships with multi-functional teams is key to long-term success. You will need to be resourceful, always look for creative ways to tackle problems and increase your team's impact at Apple. Responsibilities include: -Partnering with development teams to assist in design review and scoping of feature validation. -Developing validation strategies and schedules. -Directing and reviewing validation tasks/work from engineers testing firmware, software, and algorithms. -Tracking performance, reporting results to management, driving issues to closure. -Collaborating with cross-functional teams, guaranteeing complete test coverage and a flawless end user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- An excellent candidate will:
- -Thrive in uncertain, rapid project schedules, being able to quickly shift priorities and maximize testing time.
- -Strive to innovate and try new things, incorporating continuous improvement of testing methods
- -Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills to make critical decisions impacting product quality and drive results from your team and external stakeholders.