Systems Stability Engineer - Core I/O Quality Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200253636
Join the team responsible for ensuring the highest quality for technologies at the heart of products known to surprise and delight our customers. Core I/O and Sensors group is part of Core OS organization and is responsible for firmware, device drivers and frameworks related to sensors, human interface devices and I/O technologies. We work on a broad spectrum of technologies spanning across Face ID, Touch ID, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope etc. all the way to USB, Thunderbolt(c), DisplayPort and accessory management software. This is a highly entrepreneurial team, always looking for innovative ways to improve status quo and solve difficult problems in new and better ways. We are looking for someone who can lead the charge on quality for one or more technology areas. You will work in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with development teams within the organization as well as cross-functional teams. The nature of the position requires excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Experience developing software automation for test in Python
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in development and maintenance of automation racks
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems (macOS/Linux/Unix preferred)
- Strong communication, written skills, and interpersonal skills
Designing and writing on-the-fly automated stress and stability hardware-centric software tests for embedded systems Developing and managing racks of a variety of Apple systems running a variety of tests and engineering experiments Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs found via debugging and performance analysis tools. Automate reporting of issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CS/CE required; MSc and above desired
- Nice to have, not required:
- Knowledge of IO Technologies, such as: USB, Thunderbolt, Ethernet etc
- Experience writing MacOS or iOS applications.
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with developing web-based automation frameworks as well as database design