Senior Security Engineer - Austin / Seattle / Sacramento / Denver
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Role Number: 200254340
Infrastructure Service's (IS) network security team is responsible for auditing network devices, ensuring network access controls are properly implemented, and is responsible for the authentication system for network devices (TACACS and one-time passwords). Our team is looking for an engineer to build world-class, scalable authentication system. As a senior software engineer you will be responsible for developing software for the authentication systems which support Apple's networking infrastructure. You'll be responsible for implementing scalable, reliable, and secure software for authentication systems. There will be additional software development in the area of auditing network systems and devices. The focus of the work will be software development, but there will be an operational component as well, which will include system administration, security and change reviews, and on-call support!
- 4-6 years experience delivering enterprise infrastructure or security platforms. Experience developing software and services is preferred
- Experience with Go, Python, or an equivalent language will be critical. Experience developing high performance APIs and/or services in is preferred.
- Knowledge of identity management systems, such as TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, or Active Directory.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions and challenge the status quo.
- Understanding of containers, deployment systems (CI/CD), and container orchestration platforms is recommended.
- Knowledge of networking, network protocols, network devices and router/firewall configuration is recommended.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who has experience building IT systems and can also complete coding tasks in Python or GoLang. The successful candidate will also research, evaluate and implement security tooling to ensure that Apple's infrastructure is secure and compliance with government, industry and corporate policies and directives. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution. The primary focus of this role is coding and building high performance, scalable solutions for identify management and authentication systems for network devices; this includes building APIs and authentication systems. In addition to the software development, about 30% of the work will be supporting operations, including supporting existing TACACS systems, supporting existing APIs, security indent handling, security consultation, change review and approval, and periodic on-call duties in which the candidate will be on call for 7 days in a row, 24 hours a day..
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, CyberSecurity or similar technical degree. In lieu of a BS, equivalent work experience is acceptable.