Senior Network Engineer
Dallas , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200253615
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Network Team that support Apple's Global Data Centers and Edge Sites! We're a team of seasoned professionals that provide network design, operations and software development support. Our team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Siri and other Apple's other internet facing services in order to maximize durability and availability. We are growing and building the fastest and most reliable networks that's needed for Apple's scale and unique needs. This candidate will be working on the most challenging network migrations, tech refreshes and capacity augments of live production networks for Apple. If you love networking, you will get to work the most complex problems. This is a very cross-functional role where you will partner with our Infrastructure teams, App teams, Platform teams and your peers teams in Network Engineering. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, to deliver solutions across a complex network. You must be a collaborative team player and participate actively network discussions and solutions.
- At least 5 years of Network Infrastructure background
- Strong background in Cisco, Arista, Juniper etc routing/switching and firewall configuration
- Experienced in leading complex network projects
- Familiarity with Data Center Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of BGP, TCP/IP, and IPv6
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven track record of getting your hands dirty to cut through ambiguity and fix network problems.
As a member of the Network Projects team within Global Network Services - Data Center, you will work with many of our cross-functional partners to lead complex network projects! Your primary role will be to work on complex network migrations of live production networks, capacity augments, and network tech refreshes. At times, you will need to develop the solution, test it, and implement it on production network. You will at times need to work with our platform and application teams to understand their unique challenges related to migrations.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent work experience
- - Unix/Linux skills preferred
- - Understanding of CLOS topology is preferred
- - Experience in large scale networks preferred
- - Ability to code in Python, C, or other languages is a plus
- - Understanding of Puppet for config management is a plus