The City of Visalia is recruiting for a Senior Equipment Mechanic. Incumbents in this position are expected to have the ability to diagnosis and repair complex problems on a very wide variety of vehicles and equipment. This position may be assigned to work in different areas of the fleet operation such as light or heavy shop, tire shop or lube bay.
- Four (4) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of gas, diesel and compressed natural gas powered equipment.
- Specialized training in the maintenance and repair of gas, diesel, and compressed natural gas powered equipment with emphasis on either heavy equipment or automotive/light equipment.
- Specialized training in the maintenance and repair of motorcycles with emphasis on Public Safety equipment.
- Specialized training in the maintenance and repair of firefighting apparatus with emphasis on Pierce aerial and pumper firefighting apparatus.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Driver's License Class B with air brake endorsement within six (6) months of appointment.
- CalPERS Retirement Program (2 @ 60 plan for Classic members, 2 @ 62 plan for new members) ?? Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Onsite City Health and Wellness Clinic (no out of pocket expenses)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave and much more…
Additional information and application materials available on our website at www.visalia.city/City Departments/Human Resources/Job Opportunities. Application deadline is Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5pm.
Questions Vanessa Shearer | (559) 713-4417 |vanessa.Shearer@visalia.city