Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As a Hardware Engineer, Project, you will use your electronics design experience to develop and enhance our existing and next generation industrial control products. These products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. You will play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production. You will work on a product development team collaborating with Engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., electrical, mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), Scrum Masters, Product Management, Quality, and Operations to bring our product roadmaps to life.
Our environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach working with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development. You will be supported with mentorship and coaching. With success in this role, you will have the opportunity to grow into roles with increased scope and responsibility.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions.
The ideal candidate will contribute to a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The candidate will also actively seek knowledge, identify and pursue career development opportunities.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Technical Leadership
- Lead development of test plans to meet requirements for EMC and environmental tests.
- Direct execution of electronic hardware test plans.
- Review and analyze results of electronic hardware tests.
- Lead and execute root cause analysis of electronic test failures. Influence design improvements.
- Provide options to Management regarding alignment to standards.
- Technical Planning
- Provide input to the PI planning context, PI objective definition, and story acceptance criteria.
- Work with team Product Owner to develop work sequence plans to meet technical objectives.
- Support Scrum Masters in tactical planning for ongoing sprints.
- Ability to weigh risk versus reward tradeoffs to meet objectives.
- Coaching Others
- Mentor engineers in both leadership and technical aspects of engineering.
- Answer technical questions from various levels of engineering and management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires 5- 8 years of experience in product development, test, and release of electronic hardware systems.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience demonstrating technical leadership capabilities, working effectively with different levels of staff across functional boundaries.
- Experience developing automated test systems. This includes development of a strategy, selection of tools, and creation of the script/code that will execute.
- Experience releasing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification standards, examples include: CE, IEC 61010, 61131-2, 61326-3, EN50130-4, EN298.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards, such as IEC 61508 or IEC 61511.
- Experience communicating with engineering technical teams, architects, engineering management, and product management regarding product requirements, technical designs, and plans for product development and test.
- Typically requires 2 years of experience developing products using Agile/Scrum methodologies, ideally in a Scaled Agile Framework.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- Experience in industrial automation product development or related technical areas, including background with large scale system development projects.
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).