Job Posting Title:
Production Supervisor - Nights
This position supervises production operations while also working to identify and lead line improvements with a cross functional team. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules oversees multiple lines.
- Educate and monitor all safety rules, policies and activities
- Manufacture products that are safe for human consumption and meet the customer expectations via quality specification control measurements; Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Guide compliance to company rules, policies & procedures to ensure a safe & fair working environment
- Provide support to the daily activities of the manufacturing equipment and hourly employees
- Guide employees on Continuous Improvement initiatives through line leadership
- Provide an open working environment that promotes development and positive recognition
- Provides training for personnel
- Communicate effectively with line personnel and management holding line meetings/training classes as required
- Monitor day to day unit activities and resources across shifts to meet and/or maintain safety, quality, cost, service and employee morale objectives.
- Develop short and long term plans to provide continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost and employee development/satisfaction
- Prepare reports for Production Manager and support that position as needed
- Provide an atmosphere conductive to the effective use of teamwork to achieve objectives
- Assist in development of Line Coordinator
EDUCATION: Four-year degree
- 3 - 5 years manufacturing experience on a production/packaging line
- 2-4 years supervisory (leadership) experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to organize and follow through on projects and jobs
- The ability and experience to lead specific safety, quality, and cost projects
- An understanding and preferred experience with servant leadership
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities within the department
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to mentor and train others
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.