Hardware System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 9, 2021
Role Number: 200255696
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a hardworking system validation engineer to join our Engineering Team and work on revolutionary products.
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog/digital, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Experience with creating and managing stress test plan, executing large scale tests and debugging issues
- Experience in test automation and test script development (Python preferred, knowledge on Tcl, Shell and SQL is a plus)
- Experience with high speed (PCIe, USB, DP, etc) and low speed (I2C, SPMI, SPI, etc) IO validation including protocol-level and electrical level
- Knowledge on computer network and/or SOC architecture
- Knowledge on understanding how HW, FW, and SW work together to ensure a product's functionality and performance.
- Experience in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Upon joining our team as a Hardware System Validation Engineer (Stress Rack and Factory Station), you will directly apply your engineering expertise, working with many cross-functional teams and the factory to realize products that consumers will love! We collaborate with a large number of groups including: PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, Silicon engineering, HW test, and many others to bring a product from concept to mass production. - Responsible for the system-level validation focusing on SIPI margin and HW stress test. - Work on stress testing rack, improving its test HW and SW framework. You will also develop test stations at factory for design margin verification. - Execute test plans and analyze the test data from factory and lab and provide feedback to internal and external teams. - You will participate failure analysis of issues to discover and isolate root causes and improve design and process. - Our team does occasionally travel domestically and oversees so that we are able to work alongside our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent