Manager, AppleCare Support Engineering - Apple Pay & Wallet
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200254751
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is Apple's premier Service and Support organization providing award winning technical support and product service to our global customer base. AppleCare Engineering - Apps & Services represents Apple's Worldwide contact centers, digital solutions, and Apple's customers to groups within Apple to improve product quality and usability. We are seeking an Apple Pay & Wallet Support Engineering Manager to lead a team that collaborates with Engineering, Product Marketing, Legal, Operations, and others to deliver the best possible customer experience. This position is located in Santa Clara Valley.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in related field.
- Experience in Financial services, credit card and payments related product operations, software or services support.
- Strong industry background that allows a rich understanding of financial, regulatory, operational, commerce, and technical issues.
- Track record of developing strong multi-functional and cross-regional relationships.
- Ability to influence, develop, and implement strategies and tactics to drive improvements in product, customer experience, and operational efficiency.
- Familiarity with managing projects, ideally with 3-5 years of experience implementing sophisticated, multi-functional initiatives.
- Excellent analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills, with experience presenting with all levels of an organization.
- Possess a vision for outstanding escalation management and customer experience.
- Passion for developing teams, with a focus on continuous learning.
- Knowledge of Apple Pay and wallet features in iOS, macOS, and watchOS systems.
- Familiarity with Apple apps and the Apple product ecosystem.
The Support Engineering Manager leads a team of project managers and technical support engineers responsible for driving new product readiness for all AppleCare support channels worldwide to ensure multi-functional partners understand and prepare for the potential impact of a new product/feature release. This team is also responsible for investigation and escalation of top issues, refinement of servicing models, and influencing engineering solutions for wallet products and the Apple Pay platform. A key focus is in the delivery of customer insights to product teams to help develop longer-term product and servicing improvements that address customer reported issues. Most critically, this person is responsible for helping their team handle relationships at Apple to ensure a high degree of engagement and influence over key partners. Strong candidates for this role are natural born leaders who are driven, organized, and detail oriented and who connect with ease and speak with authority. You have excellent leadership traits that help encourage your team. You also have knowledge of all of Apple's services including Wallet and Apple Pay features, applications, and technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field preferred. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus.