We have a rare opening for an Route Auditor - Intern at our hauling site in Austin, Texas! In this position you will survey drivers during route to identify ways to enhance operating efficiencies, ensure accurate billing, and find potential safety hazards. The Route Auditor will recommend improvements in route scheduling and service capabilities.
- Survey commercial and/or residential routes to gather data, including but not limited to travel times, disposal volumes, service and collection times, and accuracy of the route sheet in an effort to reduce cost, improve revenue and reduce safety hazards.
- Ensure proper customer billing by checking actual container weight, container size and number of weekly pick-ups; inform Sales, Customer Service and/or Accounts Receivable of discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities for additional revenue and inform Sales and/or Customer Service.
- Utilize Route Editor program to identify overlapping routes and recommend improvements to operating efficiency.
- Identify safety hazards associated with the route and recommend changes.
- Recommend container repairs or replacements, as necessary.
- Prepare detailed reports of route audit findings; review all audit data and recommended improvements with department managers.
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Clean Driving Record -you will be driving a NON-CDL company truck.
- Currently studying for a Bachelor's Degree
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)