GPU Architectural Modeling Engineer
Orlando , Florida , United States
Posted: Jul 1, 2021
Role Number: 200260793
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. We are searching for an extraordinary, talented engineer with 5+ years experience to join our exciting team of problem solvers and innovators.
- 5+ years of experience coding GPU/CPU/DSP simulators or models
- Experience writing functional and/or performance simulators for GPU, CPU, or DSP architectures
- Experience programming modern graphics APIs (Metal/Swift, OpenGL/Direct3D/Vulkan) is highly desired
- Experience with modern cross-platform optimizing compiler tools (eg. LLVM) highly desired.
- Excellent software development skills required, C++, scripting languages, and software engineering infrastructure.
We are looking for a Platform Architecture Engineer to design advanced simulation models of Apple's next generation of GPUs. This model is used as a vehicle for architectural exploration by providing data to influence key architectural decisions for the GPU and SOC. This role requires strong software engineering skills and a solid understanding of GPU architecture. Responsibilities include hardware performance analysis, algorithm research, and advanced feature implementation. Engineers are also responsible for developing a robust infrastructure to service a wide range of customers while maintaining stability. Architectural modelers work closely with advanced content developers to prototype future use cases for Apple's GPU. This role is an opportunity to inform strategic decisions used to enable the future of advanced graphics applications.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent