MicroCare, LLC is looking for a Senior Chemist to complement our brilliant team in the Lab. MicroCare, LLC is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company specializing in cleaning coating and lubricating fluids used in the installation and manufacture of a broad range of products in the electronics, medical, fiber optic and metal fabricating industries. Since 1983 we have pioneered hundreds of environmentally progressive and sustainable products in response to emerging regulatory demands and our customers' evolving cleaning and coating needs.
We are a company with heart. At all our facilities across the globe, we work in a cheerful, inclusive, and collaborative environment where we respect, encourage, and support our customers, our suppliers and each other. We like to laugh; have fun and we make an important impact. If you are looking to bring your knowledge of chemistry and skills to a place that appreciates your contribution, MicroCare is your new home.
You will Analyze field issues and competitive products. Manage laboratory technical service projects and supervise lab technicians/chemists. Formulate new products. Conduct chemical laboratory tests to analyze chemicals and customer parts for technical service and R&D projects.
- Develop analytical methods to test incoming raw materials and approve outgoing MicroCare products.
- Develop new products for MicroCare based on discussions and direction from the team and on individual discovery and research.
- Familiarity with GC and other chromatographic methods, IR and other spectroscopic methods, physical and wet chemical techniques.
- Perform those quality tests and/or supervise their operation by other(s).
- Develop and implement proper record keeping protocols.
- Use chemical analysis and literature research to investigate customer and field issues with MicroCare products as well as competitive products.
- Act as technical lead on vapor degreasing lab evaluations and equipment.
- Oversee workload and directly supervise team of Chemists and Lab Technicians.
- Interact directly with MicroCare salespeople, representatives, distributors, and customers in a technical support role for sales.
- Assist with training and professional development of laboratory staff.
- Participate in appropriate quality procedures for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Be actively involved in health, safety, and regulatory initiatives for the company.
- Maintain a clean lab workspace, laboratory instruments, and equipment.
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.