CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Director of Development
The Director of Development will be an integral part of the Advancement team. The Director will provide leadership for developing and implementing fundraising programs, including major gifts and planned giving. The work of the Director will work closely with the Executive Director and President to achieve the annual and long-term philanthropic goals in support of Cleveland State Community College and the Foundation.
SALARY RANGE: $65,800 - $82,250
Essential Job Functions:
* Works closely with the Executive Director and President to establish philanthropic goals in support of Cleveland State Community College and the Foundation.
* Employs best practices in fundraising strategies to achieve the established goals.
* Works with donors regarding planned giving, including estate planning, retirement planning, investments, and taxes; establishes partnerships with associated financial institutions when appropriate to support the philanthropic efforts of the Foundation.
* Establishes and builds strong relationships with officials from industry, nonprofit organizations, and foundations within the college’s five-county service region.
* Interacts with the Cleveland State Foundation and Trustees to support the college’s fundraising efforts; attends alumni and fundraising events when appropriate.
* Provides regular communication with potential donors and keeps Executive Director and President apprised of ongoing efforts to maximize teamwork and donor relationships.
* Provides support for all fundraising efforts of the College as needed.
* Maintains a high level of visibility within the college’s service region to promote the college’s efforts and increase the base of potential donors.
* Works closely with the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations to strengthen relationships and engagement of donors of major gifts.
* Work related to the Foundation is planned in consultation with the Executive Director and the President to support the mutual goals of the College and the Foundation.
* Performs other duties to support the Office of Advancement and Planning as assigned.
Requirements of the Position:
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* Six years of related work experience is required, preferably in development, alumni relations, corporate relations, non-profit fundraising, or higher education.
* Willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
* Travel through 5-county service area as needed.
* A self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Able to establish and maintain strong relationships with donors, foundations, and industry partners to support the philanthropic interests of the College.
* Able to develop clear action plans within a donor portfolio in support of overall development goals and objectives.
* Able to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Tennessee.
The required online application can be found at:
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH JULY 31, 2021.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Cleveland State Community College does not
discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected
veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect
to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State
Community College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on
nondiscrimination can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00