Location: United States of America (remote)
Location: San Francisco - California
Location: Indianapolis - Indiana
Sr. Customer Experience (CX) Commerce Manager
Business Group: Customer Experience (CX)
Business Unit: Global Sales & Marketing
Reports to: CX Commerce Leader
Work Location: Remote - Anywhere in the US or EMEA
Eligible for Relocation: No
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen - the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
The work of the Customer Experience (CX) center recognizes the need for increasingly new and innovative experience delivery to address changing market needs and increasingly demanding user expectations of how they engage with companies. The team has a strategic brief to enhance our customer and partner experience across their entire customer journey and across our entire portfolio offering. Unlocking value for our customers via digital experience.
This role reports to the Direct Customer Experience Leader and can be located anywhere in the US or EMEA.
What you will do
- Design and integrate frictionless commerce experiences throughout all phases of the customer journey and respective touchpoints. simplifying customer workflows.
- As a CX commerce manager you connect business strategy, design knowledge, and customer needs to develop, deliver, and maintain a set of capabilities and their associated customer experiences that are relevant, feasible, and valuable for the customer and the business. You are focused on optimizing these capabilities and experiences to achieve the desired customer outcomes, user necessities and business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- The commerce capabilities are focused on solving the customer pains and delivering new gains and enabling the business to be profitable.
- You are empowering stakeholders and colleagues to deliver the highest value. You are defining what problem to solve, for who, why, and when. You drive the product vision, and you push your development team towards the north star of your vision.
- You will work with folks of all kinds to create a powerful engine of experimentation, creativity, and improvement. You oversee improving the development team and the business, and you are in charge of keeping the customer happy.
- On top of that, you distill quantitative and qualitative data from metrics, customer research and feedback, market trends, competitive analysis, and more - all so that you can make the highest ROI decision available.
- From this distillation of information, it is your responsibility to prioritize products and features that the team should be focusing on as well as convincing stakeholders and senior management to get on board. As a good CX commerce manager, you also lay out an actionable plan to execute these proposed ideas.
- Once it is time to build a capability or experience you ensure that details are taken care of, it is well tested and ready to be implemented on time. Once implemented, the job isn't done. You need to determine the success of the capability/experience by understanding how customers interact with it. This feedback gives us context and data for future iterations of the capability/experience and informs ongoing roadmaps.
Skills you have
Whether in person or through other mediums you should be spending time with customers to understand that what your team is building is valuable for your customers. Time with customers will also help you plan upcoming features.
- Product Backlog Management
You are responsible for managing the capability feature backlog and ensuring that that the development team have a steady flow of feature development work. You prioritize which features your team will work on in upcoming sprints.
You oversee determining not just the immediate next work items of the capability, but also the long-term capability/experience strategy and vision. It is critical to stay in sync with changes in the industry and in the competitive landscape.
- Capability Performance Management
You are responsible not just for the current performance of the capability, but also for the future performance. You have a vision for where you are taking the product, and that your vision will work well together with their visions of other capabilities.
- User story creation, specification definition
In your role you make sure that we have comprehensive specs for new features and capabilities. Part of the spec includes business goals, user stories, product requirements, and customer context. You will also be responsible for delivering wireframes and customer journeys as part of your spec. You will own the definition for what a good user experience looks like.
- Collaboration with Other Teams
You will spend a significant chunk of your time in meetings with various cross-functional teams like sales, marketing, business development and our enterprise transformation office. You will also meet with stakeholders and sponsors to keep them up to date with your progress or pitch them your capability vision and for additional investments. Furthermore, you will regularly meet with customers and users to understand their pains and confirm whether your capability is solving their needs.
- Data Analysis and metrics
Data is crucial to making well-informed capability and experience decisions. In your role you should be able to understand and pull data together to run analyses. You should be able to measure, interpret and explain key performance indicators After all, if you don't understand the data, you'll struggle to identify what business value your product is meant to drive and delivering.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline
- Nice to have: An advanced degree in a behavioral Science related field
- Legal authorization to work in the US/EMEA is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
You are someone who wants to influence your own development, who views a job title not as the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- At least 5+ years of Customer Experience, Design Thinking or Service Design experience, ideally designing and building experiences in a B2B context.
- Proficiency in service design methods including customer research, customer journey mapping, and service blueprinting
- Hands-on experience in designing experiences across a variety of digital touch points and non-digital channels
- Deep knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- Self-starter with strong business judgment who can initiate action and follow through with well-defined solutions and action plans.
- Outcome oriented. Define, track and measure KPIs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including experience speaking and presenting at large audiences
- Ability to work harmoniously in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with virtual collaboration and whiteboarding tools such as Mural or Miro
- A passion creating great customer experiences
Who we are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
**For the right candidate, this position could be worked remotely from any location in the US
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).