Location: 4050-Chiquita Canyon Landfill
Chiquita Canyon Landfill, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a Shop Laborer to join our team in Castaic, CA!
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm, plus some required Saturdays and overtime. Pay will start around $18 per hour.
- Wash/blow out machines during scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Assist with daily preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Move and assist in the set up of fans, air compressors, light towers as needed.
- Diagnose, repair, perform daily inspections and, scheduled PMs on misting systems and fans.
- Drive the lube truck, perform the daily PM tasks, and take on a back- up lube tech role.
- Receive filter/parts orders, place parts in the proper storage shelves. Help with inventory control.
- Maintain water filtration system at wash pad. Clean wash pad after every use.
- Keep shop clean, empty trash, sweep floors, and deep clean work areas as needed.
- Keep tire storage area clean, organized.
- Assist mechanics with other tasks as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- At least 1 year of work experience. Preferably in a facility maintenance/mechanic type role
- The ability to stand outside throughout the shift
- Ability and will to work in all weather conditions
- Must pass drug screen and pre-employment background check.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)