Health Sensing HW - Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Role Number: 200266554
The Health Sensing team develops ground breaking health sensors that are central to helping our customers live a healthier lifestyle. We are looking for data scientists with a desire to innovate in the space of understanding and explaining ML/DL models. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to tackle challenges around sensors and algorithms. You will play a key role in understanding DL/ML algorithms and their sensitivity to hardware, as well as develop new models for informing hardware and algorithm design. In particular, you will work on understanding failures and aggressors in the model and how they relate to hardware design.
- 2+ years of industry experience in applying machine and deep learning to solve practical problems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: signal processing, multimodal sensing, sensor fusion, time series, time-frequency analysis, and dynamical systems.
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Python.
- Experience with sensor signals and non-idealities, noisy data.
- Demonstrated ability to distill data-driven insight through informative visualizations & analytical communications
- Experience with experiment design and hypothesis testing.
- Experience in domain generalization or adaptation problems is a plus.
- Knowledge of optics and electrical signals is also a plus.
The team you will join is responsible for designing and delivering health features for Apple's wearable devices. We are highly collaborative and partner with a variety of teams across Apple. The responsibilities of this position include the following: Understand and predict weaknesses in ML/DL algorithms Develop evaluation tools and assess hardware dependencies of algorithms Work cross-functionally with algorithm, ML, and modeling teams Disseminate findings to inform and influence hardware and algorithm decisions
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Statistics, Physics, or related field 2+ years experience in data related industry