Health Sensing Sensor Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Role Number: 200266553
The Health Sensing team develops ground breaking health sensors that are central to helping our customers live a healthier lifestyle. As part of a collaborative team across Hardware, Firmware, Software and AL/ML, you will play a key role in specifying, developing, characterizing and validating health sensing features.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in sensing system hardware engineering.
- Strong background at least two of these areas: analog circuit design, physics, digital signal processing, machine learning, or sensor algorithm.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE and Physics principles. Understanding of optics is a plus.
- High proficiency in prototyping/analysis scripting languages like Python.
- Experience in modeling cross-disciplinary sensing systems.
- Experience with sensor interfacing, signal conditioning and signal-to-noise analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent statistical analysis and problem solving skills.
You will be developing and validating health sensors. You will analyze sensor architectures for both HW and Algorithm, assess algorithm performance and define HW requirements. You will engage in sensor technology scoping, prototyping, corner performance bounding and development investigations. You will be expected to author and publish key specifications and other documentation needed to support the health sensor development process. With experience, you will be expected to drive cross-functional discussions, includes problem solving across various functions and disciplines, development and negotiation of cross-functional requirements to ensure sensor feature performance. You will collaborate closely with Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering and Algorithm Engineering to create optimal sensor solutions.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar field. 3+ years industry experience preferred.