Smarter Chemistry Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200265459
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. Our mission is to ensure our customers are safe. As our Environmental Technologies' Smarter Chemistry Program Manager, you will help drive the adoption of smarter chemistry through product design and engineering, in collaboration with internal business groups (engineering, operations, EHS, etc.). You will collaborate with experts in toxicology, biocompatibility, restricted substances, and environmental product design leads to drive execution of Apple smarter chemistry and biocompatibility policies. You will represent our team with cross-functional stakeholders and executives including environmental leadership to drive product design with these policies in mind.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong leadership, communications and influencing skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Manages timelines and drives deliverables in a fast-paced and schedule-driven environment, with ability to distill large datasets into conclusions under time constraints.
- Knowledge and experience in the human and environmental health impacts of chemicals and green chemistry.
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in project execution in a complex environment.
- Extensive experience engaging cross-functional teams to ensure compliance for consumer electronics products.
- You will excel in a fast-paced environment and thrive on a passion for the convergence of innovative product design, smarter chemistry and human and environmental health.
- You're comfortable diving into technical details with toxicologists and engineers, and distilling this information into concise messages for executives.
- You don't hesitate to build up relationships with cross-functional partners and collaborate well across functions.
- You are a master of tracking details, and driving deliverables and schedules.
- Develop strong relationships across the organization to help drive your mission of ensuring our products are designed to be safe for anyone who assembles, uses or recycles them. - Drive execution of phase-out programs by partnering internally and with suppliers to track the use of materials, identify safer alternatives and ensure substitution. - Drive Apple's restricted substances and biocompatibility programs execution to maximize the value from team expertise and passion, workflow processes and systems, internal and supplier engagement in the pursuit of operational excellence. Manage the adoption and execution of smarter chemistry / restricted substance / biocompatibility policies with ET and cross functional partner. - Lead coordination and engagement on key programs, including working with Environmental Technologies and cross-functional teams to set objectives, schedules and drive and track deliverables. - Represent the team in executive forums with clear, actionable communications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors / Masters / PhD in chemistry, engineering, toxicology, materials science, or related field.