Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The primary focus of this position is to manage and oversee the execution of major sponsorship programs sold within USA TODAY Network. This person will be responsible for executing premium content programs, including but not limited to: content sponsorships, and branded content. They will also be responsible for managing timelines, coordinating stakeholders, setting up campaigns using internal systems, promotional ad units, maintaining campaigns throughout the life-cycle, status reports, and overall program summaries.
The Program Manager will be responsible for direct client communication and will be the lead voice on meeting agendas, conference calls, emails, and written status reports. They will serve as the main point-of-contact with clients on all components of a program from kick-off-call to the end of the flight.
The Program Manager shall identify and implement successful strategies and practices as well as mitigate challenges and obstacles for the effective and efficient management of content programs. They will also be responsible for tracking individual and aggregate campaign performance to inform successful strategies for renewing programs and new business.
Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and relationship building skills are essential. An understanding of multi-media and especially the digital space are also critical. Experience in or knowledge of sports media, especially Golf is a major plus.
The Program Manager should be a strong team player and will be a key strategist to multiple internal teams including account management, sales, ad ops, editorial, video, product, and client solutions.
The ideal Program Manager candidate should have at least 3 years of digital media and/or multi-media experience, ideally in a collaborative role within a complex multi-media organization. Specific skills include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, is deadline-driven and proactive.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and proven experience directly managing clients.
- Highly collaborative style with ability to influence multiple internal teams to drive towards completion of tasks.
- Experience implementing cross-platform sponsorships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under time pressure in a fast-paces, high-pressured environment.
- Critical thinking skills and can see the larger goals of a project without losing site of important details.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently.
- Sports experience or affinity preferred.
- College degree.
- 3-5 years previous work experience in a multi-media environment, ideally in account management at a major publisher or agency.
- 2 years previous work experience in project management.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Program & Project Management