Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for the direction and motivation of his/her employees to achieve department goals of quality, production, safety, etc. to stimulate and lead employees in continuous improvement. Responsible for production flow, and resolution of problems that occur within the department.
Develop and execute plans to meet or exceed departmental and division goals of productivity, quality and cost efficiency.
2. Monitor priority dispatch and customer service requirements.
3. Identify, analyze and act to correct bottlenecks, product defect rates, safety hazards and maintenance problems.
4. Assist Engineering in originating RFE’s for required equipment to improve quality, productivity, and capacity.
5. Counsel, motivate and instruct departmental personnel in machine operation. Address employee concerns and morale problems by providing feedback to department personnel through daily interactions and yearly performance appraisals; promote teamwork
6. Administer company policy fairly and consistently. Discipline employees when required as per company policy. Resolve employee conflicts fairly as they arise and document outcomes to support discipline activities.
7. Pro-actively presenting ideas and information concisely, accurately and clearly in both oral and written form.
9. Working effectively with other peers, subordinates and all levels of management to achieve divisional objectives and promote teamwork.
10. Establish base data for departmental budgets, reforecasts. Manage assets and control expenses per budgetary guidelines and divisional objectives. Keep and maintain files and documentation to support activities in the areas of planning, problem solving, leadership, communication, training, and carrying out company policy.
11. Uses or may come in contact with Personal Health Information (PHI) or Individually Identifiable Health Information (IIHI) in duties performed. Follows all established procedures to maintain confidentiality of PHI and IIHI
12. Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor degree and/or 5-7 year experience in manufacturing or supervision.