Representative, Bilingual Admissions & Outreach
Front Range Community College
Representative, Bilingual Admissions and Outreach - Boulder County Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project , recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community and will support our Philosophy of Inclusion .
We are guided by the philosophy "One College, Many Communities." Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020 .
Who You Are
As the Bilingual Admissions & Outreach Representative, you will work under the direction of the Director of Admissions and Outreach to project an effective and consistent image of Front Range Community College (FRCC) by educating prospective students and community members about all campuses and programs. You will encourage students to apply and enroll in the college and ensure successful navigation through the admissions and enrollment processes. In this position, you will have a special focus on under-represented populations, specifically the Latinx/Hispanic population, in both high school and community settings.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of July 26, 2021.
In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Bilingual Admissions & Outreach Representative.
SALARY: Mid 40's Annually
BENEFITS: 2020 - 2021 APT & Faculty Benefits
Student Recruitment and Community Outreach:
- Develop relationships with middle and high schools and community organizations in the Boulder County Campus service area to promote the benefits of FRCC, including educational opportunities, campus resources, campus events, and scholarships.
- Identify and connect with community organizations that serve a high number of Latinx students and families; develop an outreach plan to connect with these organizations.
- Disseminate college and program informational material to prospective students, continuing students, parents, community members, and secondary education professionals through presentations at on and off campus venues, such as college and community fairs/events, high schools, community agency meetings, and businesses.
- Assist students with the enrollment process, including completion of admissions application/required forms and reviews for accuracy, authenticity, and timeliness of information and required documents; assist with advising, class registration, financial aid, and payments.
- Provide support for students with limited English skills who want to enroll at FRCC from inquiry through enrollment.
- Serve as a liaison between various departments and agencies and the student, clarifying procedures and practices. Refer students to appropriate resources as needed.
- Support and facilitate the broader communication of FRCC as a Pathways College related to marketing and promoting the student experience and culture.
- Travel frequently to local area schools, agencies, events, and other campuses.
- Assist the department with planning and organizing events on campus, including but not limited to counselor workshops/presentations, orientations, open houses, large group visits, and presentations for community organizations and school partners.
- Organize and conduct Information Sessions in English and in Spanish.
- Collect & enter event data using the departmental monthly reporting mechanisms and Recruit/CRM to document events, inquiries, and enrollment funnel activities.
- Prepare reports that document activities and other information as requested.
- Assist and participate in collaborative departmental efforts and programming related to student recruitment, onboarding, enrollment, and student success initiatives.
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of the Campus Outreach Plan to align with the college equity and inclusion work, enhance the diversity of our student body, and achieve enrollment goals.
- Serve as a positive cultural broker for the Spanish speaking community.
- Provide interpretation for Spanish speaking community who need access to services in other Student Affairs departments, clarify procedures and practices, refer to appropriate internal and external resources as needed.
- Support students with limited English proficiency who want to participate in ESL courses or developmental education courses.
- Support students and families who may identify as undocumented/DACAmented. Serve as a resource for school, community, and internal partners to understand processes for students who are undocumented.
- Serve on campus and community committees related to prospective students, college promotion, and target-population outreach and recruitment. Serve on the college wide Bilingual Committee.
- Co-facilitate programing with other Admissions & Outreach staff to best meet the needs of future students, including the pilot program First Generation Leadership Academy. Collaborate with FRCC-Boulder County Campus staff & faculty to coordinate the Latinx, Excellence, Achievement, and Development Scholars (LEADS) program.
- Assist with the development of recruiting materials in Spanish such as letters, flyers, brochures.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES :
- Professional-level proficiency to read, write, and speak English and Spanish: Serve as a positive cultural broker with the Spanish speaking community. Assist with the translation of materials and provide effective interpretation.
- Relationship Building & Collaboration: Relate to prospective students of all ages, as well as their family and supporters, to provide them with the highest level of customer service. Collaborate with schools, community organizations, and other FRCC staff to develop strong relationships and programming.
- Communication: Speak effectively to clearly communicate to small groups, large groups, or one-on-one about FRCC, enrollment processes, and resources. Create well-written newsletters, correspondence, and resources. Follow-up with future FRCC students after meeting with them one-on-one or at an event.
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity: Work with individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Be able provide them with resources that will support them as they start their higher education journey and know that they matter.
- Event Planning: Collaborate with FRCC with FRCC staff and faculty to develop and execute on campus events. Coordinate with school and community partners to develop programing to support a college-going culture in the Boulder County Campus service area.
- Critical Thinking: Ongoing evaluation of outreach efforts and admissions practices. Provide recommendations on innovated changes based on research and promising practices.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree and two (2) years' experience in student facing roles related to admissions, recruitment, or a combination of experiences.
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated experience with enrollment services in admissions, recruitment, and/or retention.
- Experience working with diverse populations and cultures.
- Professional working proficiency to read, write, and speak bilingual English/Spanish.
- Strong computer software skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
- Experience with helping to implement events.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a community college setting.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.