Job Title: Coordinator, Technology
School Year: 2021-2022
The Coordinator, Technology will help increase the technological competency and proficiency of the school faculty and staff, as well as assist in managing the ongoing Information Technology educational program to promote student learning. The Coordinator will ensure the seamless use of technology for communication and operations (STARS, Easy IEP, email, etc.), professional development (curriculum design and assistive technology), and teaching and learning of the National Educational Technology Standards for students. Finally, the Coordinator will ensure compliance with district technology use, and ensure that equipment meets district standards. This position is a safety-sensitive position. As a result, throughout employment this position will be subject to the Employee Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.
The Coordinator, Technology will report to the Principal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists teachers in becoming technologically proficient.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the school's Technology Plan in support of student technology achievement.
- Supports teachers in their use of technology in all curricular areas, including modeling and co-teaching.
- Researches and implements best practices for use of technology available inside the school.
- Works with the staff to implement the district's curriculum through the use of technology as a tool for learning.
- Purchases technology equipment.
- Manages the technology equipment inventory.
- Works with DCPS Central Office and school staff to help coordinate professional development activities directly related to the integrated use of technology in all content areas, including student demonstration projects, classroom demonstrations, team teaching, and workshops.
- Communicates with the school staff and community about training, equipment, software, curriculum materials, instructional media, and other technology resources.
- Assists teachers and students in the use of assistive technology.
- Troubleshoots technology equipment and software.
- Provides technical support for teachers and staff.
- Bachelor's degree and one to two years of related work experience.
- Mastery of essential operating system functions, file management, routine maintenance procedures and commercial applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn, all aspects of the school's information technology system (PeopleSoft, STARS, QuickBase, etc.) and how all components are interrelated.
Personal Qualities of Top Candidates
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
- Leadership: Coaches, mentors, and challenges others to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations.
- Focus on Data-Driven Results: Relentlessly pursues the improvement of central office performance and school leadership, instruction, and operations, and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
- Adaptability: Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.
- Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed workplans, and balancing of multiple priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to customer needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.