Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Cleveland - Ohio
Location: San Francisco - California
The UX Architect is responsible for:
- Owning the Rockwell Automaton Power Control Business User Experience and User Interface Strategies.
- Aligning and Influence the Power Control Business Simplicity Strategy
- Defining and Owning the Power Control Business device UX Strategy.
- Defining and Owning the Power Control Business Enterprise Integration UX Strategy.
- Owning the UX roadmap for the Power Control Business
- Defining and influencing the Rockwell Automaton strategic direction of the design process.
- Owning the Power Control Business Competitive Intelligence Strategy
- Influencing other Rockwell Automation Business Units on best practices of design
The UX Architect is will:
- Support product opportunity ideation synthesizing requirements from stakeholders.
- Define strategic direction for the design process.
- Create UX design deliverables including user journeys and flows, use cases, wireframes, and benchmarking / best practice documents.
- Assist the research team to support data-driven requirements definition and refinement.
- Brief design team members on new UX/UI-related tasks and oversee junior designers' work product.
- Craft a narrative through words and images.
- Synthesize large quantities of information to craft a cohesive and well curated content strategy.
- Be a strong advocate and communicator for design quality and user-centered design excellence.
- Engage in creative ideation for cross-platform solutions with interdepartmental team members.
- Assist UI design team to deliver experience specifications documentation as needed.
- Assist digital producers on UX/UI design team priorities, assignments and timing and overall project vision.
- Foster an environment of excellence through experimentation and continual improvement.
- Information Processing Capability
- Possesses a strong system or customer view, is an abstract thinker, and can step away from the details to look at "the big picture".
- Able to create clarity from ambiguity.
- Can lead a cross functional team of Architects (System and Functional) assembled to work as a high-performance team to deliver world class hardware architectures for various products.
- Leads and coordinates cross BU technical alignment from an Information Software and system mindset point of view.
- Technology owner who influences roadmaps of Information Software and Software and Control for identified PCB use-case.
- Able to provide leadership in identifying strategic needs, drafting a vision, selling the vision, and executing against the strategic initiative.
- Demonstrates thought leadership via customer support, presentations and white papers
- Creator of business value, differentiation, cost competitiveness, and business strategy enablement
- Effective leader with ability to lead, inspire and develop others to deliver their best performance.
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency. Consistently moves problems toward resolution; helps others do the same.
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships. Supports the goals and initiatives of other businesses and functional support organizations.
- Can effectively work across company boundaries and bridge gaps between theory and practice.
- Effective collaborator and innovation enabler; embraces and shares ideas, engages others to improve and realize innovations.
- High performance team member who helps the team win as a group, expands the teams strengths, and motivates peers
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Presents UX/UI architecture plans to senior executives when necessary.
- Passionate about leading and developing teams; track record of mentoring and developing talent.
- Manages varying priorities and pre-consideration design requests, etc.
- Provide leadership for key marketing and product initiatives.
- Influential leader who is viewed as a stakeholder manager, able to effectively compile and sell ideas with strategic messaging and compelling communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, HCI, or similar field.
- Up to 20% travel.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 7-10 years of professional digital design experience with a specific focus on UX / experience design.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present work to stakeholders.
- Digital strategy and team lead experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of key UX principles.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to design complex systems.
- Expert proficiency in generating UX deliverables using tools such as Axure, Adobe Illustrator, balsamic, etc.
- Comfortable with both hands-on design and strategy/ideation.
- Experience developing successful concepts and implementing them through design solutions.
- Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Passion for making it easier for people to understand complex ideas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).