Network Security Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200265428
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! As part of the Global Remote Access Team, you will be responsible for the delivery, operations and automation of the network infrastructure across Apples global VPN and services platform. Our team supports all Data, Voice, and Video application services, including connectivity for all 3rd parties, vendors and other critical partners. The ideal candidate demonstrates leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills while working with various business units. You will assist IS&T organizations, and their peers to deliver excellence, standardize, automate, and maintain network infrastructure!
- We are seeking 8 to 10 years experience in Security, Routing, Switching & Automation with cloud based technologies
- Strong knowledge of BGP, SDN, OSPF, IPv4/IPv6
- Strong knowledge of NAT, IPSEC/GRE VPN, SDWAN, IWAN -Access Control Lists, Multicast. and Wired Technologies and low latency environment
- Strong experience in, Firewall & Security Technologies and monitoring tools (commercial or otherwise)
- Strong Linux skills (and/or FreeBSD) - Back-End Development with knowledge of Go(Golang), Node.js, Python, Ansible.
- Understanding of Virtual stack and infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills along with a professional demeanor.
- Proven ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and run multiple projects
- Ability to work under stress and handle difficult situations
- Ability to form relationships, work independently, and debate respectively
We are looking for someone to own the Global VPN and security infrastructure across Apple and its 3rd Parties, for connectivity services and data security. Work to understand how all critical applications and services require consistent connectivity along with SLA/SLO's. On our team, you will closely work with Apple's Business units to understand their application needs for transport end to end. Partner with Architecture & Engineering in the development of networking standards to meet these business needs with future development of next gen systems. Ensure operational perfection across our infrastructure and work towards standard templates and automation tasks, ensuring project documentation is complete, shared, and updated on a periodic basis. Mentoring and coaching, you will work well with many other group's, internal teams to lead and deliver premier products in an exciting dynamic environment. Participate in on-call (7 x 24) support rotation with other members of the team.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent work experience
- - CCIE or equivalent certifications
- - CISSP