Location: 2180-LeMay Pierce County
Recycle Center Attendant
We have an immediate position available for a Recycle Center Attendant at our Recycle Center located at Joint Base Lewis - McChord. In this position you will wear many hats but main duties will include helping customers unload recyclables, sorting recyclables and operating some small equipment (such as forklift). This is a full time, long term position with a great company. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and are a self motivated, hard working individual with good communication skills we want to talk to you.
The hours for this position will be Tuesday thru Saturday from 7:30AM to 4:00PM. Since this position is located on a military base you will be required to do an in depth federal background check and to qualify for the job you must be able to pass this check to obtain base clearance. We offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and full time year round work.
Please do not call or stop by the local facility. Apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
- Helping customers unload recyclables
- Operating small equipment (Forklift and Balers).
- Flagging / Directing traffic as it comes through.
- Continuously interacting with customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to do other assigned tasks on a need basis
- Outgoing and patient attitude
- The ability to be on your feet for the whole shift.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- At least have 1 year of work experience, preferably in a blue collar environment where customers service skills were needed
- Experience operating forklift is a must and experience with other small equipment (skid steer, excavator, baler, etc) is a plus.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass drug screen and pre-employment background check.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).