The Network Administrator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the district’s network resources. This includes, but is not limited to, network switch equipment, district-owned fiber pathways, firewall, wireless infrastructure, and VOIP phones. Coordinates with the department on implementations, updates, and system changes in order to optimize the LAN/WAN network equipment and deliver a high level of security to district users.
- Manage the district’s network infrastructure and user connectivity
- Manage the VOIP phone system
- Be proactive in identifying security vulnerabilities and taking steps to eliminate those
- Support district education professionals, students, and staff through the district technology ticketing system.
- Works with the Technology Director to plan large projects; Executes projects independently.
- Support multiple OS platforms, including Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, and Linux
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist the Information Technology department as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience required.
- In depth understanding of router and switch management
- In depth understanding of wireless access points and VOIP phones
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel between district buildings
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up and down stairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High level communication skills
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment and be service-oriented
- Be an active member of the Technology team assisting department initiatives as needed
- Has a continuous improvement/growth mindset
- Education/office environment
- Travels within school district boundaries on a regular basis
- Frequent contact with district personnel