Friday, July 16, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the direct oversight of production facility maintenance functions and staff. The Building Maintenance Manager utilizes resources to provide advanced mechanical, electrical, data & programmable logic support to maintain, diagnose and repair facility infrastructure equipment & systems.
Accountable for team performance to achieve & maintain standard operating procedures, on-time performance, accuracy standards and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance and reporting.
Always works in a safe manner and consistently utilizes required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Report work related injuries.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any operational concerns, potential safety hazards and all accidents/injuries and near misses to the general
- Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the local operations team management.
- Immediately notify General Manager of any potential hard-down equipment failures or serious equipment damage.
- Critical relationships:
- Support managers
- Technicians, electricians, and machinists
- Press, packaging, and facility supervisors
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor engineering degree preferred or comparable experience.
- Certified facility management training required (vocational school, military, trade).
- Journeyman level machinist/electrician certification preferred.
Experience Required or Preferred
- Minimum five to ten years related experience in production/manufacturing facility maintenance, diagnostics & repair required.
- Two to four years experience in a management/leadership role required.
Specialized Knowledge Required or Preferred:
- HVAC maintenance & repair experience required
- Pneumatic and hydraulic maintenance & repair experience preferred
- Equipment and facility electrical system experience preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations required
Universal Skills and Traits Preferred (i.e., excellent written or verbal communication skills; ability to work autonomously; self-starter; etc.):
- English language fluency: Speaking, reading & writing
- Proven leadership experience preferred/required.
- Proven above average verbal & written communication skills
- Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Financial acumen required.
- Mechanical aptitude required
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.