The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Lead will work with the Supervisor to lead and manage their shift at the Benjamin Moore & Co warehouse, Manufacturing Center in Newark, NJ. You will ensure overall productivity, package quality, accuracy and integrity expectations are consistently meet by all associates, during the manufacturing process for internal and external customers in a safe manner. Responsible for quality filling and packaging of finished products, utilizing automatic equipment. Must have demonstrated knowledge of 4 or more types of automatic equipment.
- Monitor incoming quality of containers; monitor container supply area by each line to ensure adequate quantity for uninterrupted filling line operation.
- Automatic filling machine: Calibrate & properly operate filling machines; check batch ticket for correct product; monitor correct weights & quality appearance of containers (no drips); retain sample for control lab.
- Lid dropper: Supplied with adequate amount of lids for uninterrupted operation of filling line; lids properly sealed on containers; lid information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Label machine: Ensure adequate quantity of correct labels and adhesive; monitor quality appearance of label and container.
- Maintain proper operation and minor adjustment of bail-o-matic machine.
- Case packer: Ensure adequate supply of cartons and tape for uninterrupted operation of filling line; verify carton information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Palletizer: Supply empty pallets to machine; offload full pallets as appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate count of fill and input data into terminal for inventory control using electronic information systems.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical hook-up, etc.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Follows and administrates all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines and rules; uses required safety equipment. Oversees quality and cleanliness of the work areas based on warehouse checklist and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
- Responsible for management, maintenance and control of electronic scanning systems. Ensures that all equipment is accounted for daily. Review and resolve shipping errors and develop strategies to minimize them.
- Helps to manages employee issues, such as job assignment, scheduling of vacations, attendance monitoring, performance goals and providing input for corrective actions.
- Prepares daily, quarterly, annual, and long-range performance reports.
- Responsible for managing manpower and delegating work to employees under their direct supervision to maximize productivity during production and non-production timeframes.
- Creating, implementing, and training on standard work instructions (SWI)
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting and management- METRICS
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency suggestions.
- Performing daily shop floor management tools such as line walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift handover logs
- Responsible for decision makers and problem solvers in their departments and will be required to make critical decision to maximize efficiency and manpower and troubleshoot issues as they occur.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection. This includes being medically cleared and fitted for respiratory protection and adhering to facial hair standards for such equipment
- Basic math skills, ie: addition/subtraction
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and cleanliness.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required.
- Ability to operate fill by weight machine, video jet, labeler, palletizer, case packer, can and carton computer and depalletizer.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs, up to approximately 100% of time during shift, ability to kneel/stoop/bend up to 50% of time during shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds continuously throughout shift.
- High School degree required an Associate's degree is preferred.
- It is expected that a qualified candidate for this position will have commensurate working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrated ability to leading by example.
- Understand and uphold safety and quality initiatives.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to demonstrate and build trust and respect with your shift.
- Working in a team-based environment is essential.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, strong organizational skills and flexibility are required.