In the position of Mixer, you will be responsible for following Benjamin Moore's precise directions for combining high quality raw materials to produce the highest quality architectural coatings products that will meet the standards and expectations of our internal and external customers.
* Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
* Following batch formulation, as prescribed by Central Labs, and using knowledge and skills to incorporate approved materials for proper dispersion. Approved materials are accurately and efficiently added to dispersion task by uses of electronic gauges, valves, temperature controls, flow meters or other related equipment.
* Mixing the materials and performing quality controls checks for dispersion approval and transfer to the next step within the production process, using prescribed equipment. Using electronic information systems to control materials additions, check material inventory supplies, etc.
* Ensures all batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down.
* Ensures batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
* Communicates with other departments for proper transfer of completed dispersion production process; milling, shading, etc. to assigned holding tanks.
* Responsible for pulling raw materials for other mixers when needed so that production demands can be met.
* May be required to maintain efficiency of material additions/flow by checking and changing filters.
* Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical charger hook-up etc.
* Performs other duties as required
* High school Diploma or GED required.
* Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction.
* Ability to stand on feet, bend, stretch and twist for 8 plus hours
* Ability to work safely and follow SOP's.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection. This includes being medically cleared and fitted for respiratory protection and adhering to facial hair standards for such equipment.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network..
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we have modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.