Bilingual Member Services Associate, Care Center
Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America
Virtual Req #860
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Over 35 years strong and fueled by 1,700 smart, passionate employees across New York state and Vermont, MVP is full of opportunities to grow. We are a nationally recognized, award-winning leader for a reason. The beating heart of our company is a wide range of employees from a diverse set of backgrounds-tech people, numbers people, even people people-working together to make health insurance better. The question we ask many times each day is: "how can we help you?", which speaks to a philosophy that sets us apart as a health insurance company. The customer care staff who work with our members and health care providers make a positive difference in peoples' lives. If you are ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities and make a positive difference-it's time to make a healthy career move to MVP!
Provides optimum customer service as required to maintain existing members and prevent cancellations. The Care Center Representative must take full responsibility for every call to ensure callers concerns are met. Provides world class customer care to internal and external customers while consistently adhering to all call handling objectives, i.e., hold time, talk time, after call work, schedule adhere and quality assurance.
- Correctly responds to all Department of Health audit calls on a consistent basis.
- Acts as a liaison between our internal and external customers.
- Responds promptly, accurately, and effectively to all calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Responds to all calls timely and have a clear understanding of call avoidance, such as but not limited to: short calls, intentional disconnects, inappropriate transfers and inappropriate use of hold button.
- Performs data input in a highly accurate and timely manner on all customer contacts.
- Simultaneously accesses multiple databases while addressing customer's needs.
- Research information needed to accurately respond to customer's needs. Asks appropriate questions to ensure a clear understanding of customer's concern.
- Clearly explains all policies and procedures on both incoming and out-going calls. On an ongoing basis, educates members about their benefits and MVP's procedures.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of all lines of business. Has the technical skills required to be able to perform task efficiently.
- Delivers information in a clear and confident manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent when possesses customer service employment experience.
Post high school education (Associates degree, college courses) preferred
Minimum 1 - 3 years customer service experience and/or relevant office experience required
Experience in positions where adherence to strict confidentiality is required
Healthcare, health insurance experience preferred Call Center experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills with effective oral and written communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit good judgment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including superior accountability and follow through
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications
- Power strip with 4 to 6 outlets that has an Integrated circuit breaker that cuts power to your extension cord should it experience overvoltage or overheating
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) excellent telephone/communication skills
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
Please apply and learn more - including how you may become a proud member of our team.
- Job Family Customer Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America
See job description.