Children's Home & Aid invites you to join our team of mission-driven staff who share a common vision: an equitable world where all children and families thrive in strong communities. As a leading child and family service agency with more than 20 locations across Illinois, our mission is to advance the well-being of children by investing in families to disrupt the systemic and multi-generational cycle of racial, social and economic inequality.
Our full-time staff receive competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including three scheduled weeks of paid time off per year (Spring, Summer, Winter), and additional flexible paid leave that accrues based on tenure. We hold ourselves and each other accountable for fostering an inclusive work culture where we can be our authentic selves, where we create and have equitable opportunities, and where our voices are supported and encouraged.
The Home Visitor is a critical member of the Early Head Start team, providing comprehensive home-visiting services within a strength-based, family-centered model to expectant parents and families with young children. As a Home Visitor, you will assess the strengths and needs of children and families, partner with parents to establish family and child development goals, and support families in expanding their support systems.
What you'll do:
- Meet weekly with expectant parents and families with young children in their homes to complete assessments, develop goals, and provide services aligned with the strengths and needs of the child and family.
- Provide observations of parent-child interactions, including assessing for effective communication and empathic responses, and engage parents in reflective dialogue on the developing parent-child relationship.
- Work closely with other Early Head Start program staff, including Family Support Specialists, to link families with appropriate referrals and community supports.
Who you are:
- You have at least an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field with at least five courses that include life plan or infant development and family relations.
- You are at least 19 years old per state and federal guidelines.
- You are adept at communicating effectively in both English and Spanish, both in writing and verbally.
- Experience working with children and families preferred.
- You are able to attend in-person family visits and meetings, and you have a valid driver's license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- You enjoy working autonomously but also value working with a team to reach shared goals.
- You collaborate effectively and enjoy developing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You value data and rely on it to drive meaningful change and improved outcomes.
- Location: Hybrid (remote/in office); provides in-home services to families in the Englewood community.
- Schedule: Full-time, salaried; general business hours with some flexibility required for evening family visits and special projects. Occasional weekend hours for recruitment events.
- Salary: Range starts at $37,300; offers are commensurate with experience and bilingual candidates may receive additional financial compensation.
- Noncash benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off plus 11 paid holidays, supplemental insurance options, 401(k) with match (more benefits details here)
Where you work matters.
You're considering a new position, so no one knows better than you that where you work matters. We believe that by building diverse teams of passionate advocates for youth and families, we can continue to show up for Illinois families, putting those families at the center of every decision, and strengthening the communities where we all work, play, and live together. (More about who we are here.)
We invite you to become an active member of a team that supports, inspires, and challenges each other, and grow your career in an organization that celebrates emerging leaders and provides development and training opportunities aligned with your individual goals and aspirations. If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work, including raising your voice to disrupt the status quo, we encourage you to apply today.
Review our agency's blueprint for impact: