This position will work in tandem with the primary care team and is responsible for providing brief intervention, education, and consultation to patient, families, and schools in an outpatient setting.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Design and implement an effective educational program for the student, maintaining a conducive classroom environment essential for learning..
- Plan and conduct a continuous evaluation system according to each student's progress.
- Prepare necessary lesson plans that correlate with student needs.
- Prepare and maintain the student records.
- Develop different teaching and instructional methods appropriate for the students.
- Assess the student's performance.
- Submit all the necessary reports in a timely manner.
Patient Care Management/Documentation
- Work collaboratively with physician, mental health provider of record, families/parents, and the school administrators/counselors for the efficient progress of the patient/student.
- Administer student assessment to ascertain academic needs
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Document care provided; meeting standards for chart reviews.
Consultation and Referral
- Seek consultations as appropriate, act as a consultant as requested.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and refer patients for further care and services within the health system and/or the community.
- Utilize teaching learning theory with patients and their families to influence patient outcomes.
- Identify learning needs of various populations and contribute to the development of educational programs to meet those needs.
- Undertake small group discussions with students, and implement individual education service plans for the students.
- Provide essential supervision to the students in educational requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of modern teaching techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities with effective planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal as well as written.
- Ability to express ideas, lesson materials, thoughts, and instructions clearly to the students.
- Effective collaboration within inter and intra-agency levels.
- Expert ability to assess individual needs.
- Ability of maintaining suitable classroom control.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.