Salary: $14.75 - $21.40/hour FTE: 1.0
Review of Applications Begins Position closes July 29, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants Please include the following with your online application: a resume, a cover letter that clearly articulates how your knowledge and skills make you an ideal fit for this position, and three professional references.
The University of Oregon School of Law is a dynamic ABA-accredited law school and Oregon's only public law school. Degrees offered include: Juris Doctor (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), Master of Conflict and Dispute Resolution (CRES), and a minor in undergraduate legal studies. Oregon Law's mission is to provide a world-class education. We prepare students through excellent classroom teaching paired with a multitude of practical experience opportunities and robust professional development. Our faculty produce exceptional research and scholarship. We accomplish our mission in a positive, inclusive environment where we strive to provide everyone opportunities to grow, contribute, and develop. Our aim is to learn, teach, and practice the principles of equity and justice as critical foundations for our overall effort to achieve excellence as a top-ranked law school. Success in this work requires a diverse group of people in various faculty and staff roles working in one of our two locations, Eugene and Portland. The University of Oregon is located within the traditional homelands of the Southern Kalapuya.
The Faculty Support Administrative Specialist provides a wide variety of services related to the smooth and effective functioning of the law school, with a particular focus on the support of faculty. This includes communication (face-to-face, electronic, telephone) with staff, students, faculty, administrators, vendors, other departments on campus, and the general public. Essential services may include but are not limited to: provide telephone answering and message services; ensure that supplies are ordered in a timely and cost-effective manner; sort and distribute mail; schedule conference rooms; post notices; operate and maintain photocopiers and fax machines; coordinate the tasks of student workers; and maintain the professional appearance of the reception area, work room, and kitchen area. This role may assist faculty and staff with complex word processing projects, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations, in addition to overseeing logistics related to coursework, events, and committee work. This role will develop and maintain electronic and paper files, compose correspondence, maintain records, and perform other duties as required. As a member of the Faculty Support Administrative Support team, the Faculty Support Administrative Specialist works closely with a supervisor and the Faculty Support Administrative team members to effectively communicate, share information, and provide support as needed to other departments within the School of Law.
• Two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents;
• An Associate degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology;
• Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
• Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications and ability to learn new programs.
• Strong customer service and oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to: 1) work effectively with students, staff, and faculty from culturally diverse backgrounds and with multiple intersectional identities; and 2) advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university community.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to complete job assignments in a timely manner in an environment with frequent interruptions in a busy, noisy office setting.
• Ability to be prompt and have good attendance; this position is the central hub for the faculty floor.
: Classified Staff
: Eugene, OR
: Administrative/Office Support, Legal/Law
: School of Law
Classification: Office Specialist 2
Appointment Type and Duration
: Regular, Ongoing
Apply nowJob no: 527734