ASSIGNMENT: Troy Middle School
- Facilitate teacher groups (i.e., weekly grade-level meetings, PD, etc.) to encourage collaboration, professional growth and reflection that meaningfully impacts change
- Support and collaborate with teachers through a variety of resources and activities including: classroom visitation, modeling, co-teaching, planning and conferring with teachers
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities, attend trainings, and be willing to research current educational trends in an effort to further develop coaching capacity
- Meet with and report to the Building Principal and Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- In-depth understanding of the Common Core Learning Standards and district programs and curriculum
- Understands how to facilitate and maintain vertical/horizontal curriculum alignment
- Leadership capacity to inspire and cultivate teacher ownership of student achievement
- Sound understanding of data and its impact on teacher instruction, student learning and school improvement
- Ability to foster trusting, transparent and collegial relationships with all stakeholders
- Be an active member of the building level committees
- Must have a repertoire of responsive practices (i.e., instruction and behavior)
- Culturally and developmentally competent
- Effective interpersonal and strong organizational skills with proven successful leadership experience
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022
SALARY: Salary based on experience and TTA Contract
All instructional applications will be accepted through OLAS only http://olasjobs.org/
In accordance with SAVE Legislation fingerprint supported criminal background check required for selected applicant.
Consideration given to candidates willing to participate in extra-curricula activities; such as advising and/or coaching.
The Troy City School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex, disability or marital status in employment or any of the educational programs and activities that it offers or operates. We seek and encourage an ethnically and culturally diverse pool of candidates to seek employment with the District when job openings occur.