Friday, July 16, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Producer/Editor, Digital Video Franchises
USA TODAY Studios, the USA TODAY NETWORKs premiere digital video studio, seeks a Producer/Editor of digital video franchises in its expanding sports betting vertical.
The Producer / Editor will be a key part of a team tasked with developing, creating and publishing a range of digital video franchises in this category. The ideal candidate is passionate about the world of sports, especially football, and creative about video approaches to storytelling, coverage and analysis.
This role is tasked with planning, writing, producing, and editing a variety of segments on a daily and weekly basis. Demonstrated knowledge and experience editing premium digital video using the Adobe Creative Suite is essential.
Youre experienced in digital video production and comfortable crafting video in different formats including short-form, mid-form and long-form. You know how to develop and execute thematic, series-driven approaches to video to delight audiences, partners, and sponsors.
Youre well-versed in the editorial and production aspects of premium digital video formats, from desktop to mobile to social to streaming, with a sharp attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The role requires a hands-on producer and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, reporters, product and sales teams around the USA TODAY Network.
The role is based in New York City.
- Plan, produce, write and edit digital video segments for a variety sports betting video franchises.
- Develop segment and series creative approaches in partnership with other team members.
- Help manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
- Be immersed in the sports betting and digital video ecosystems to ensure our content stays ahead of the curve.
- Support other NETWORK objectives as needed.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+years of professional experience in digital media and video, preferably in sports media.
- In depth working knowledge and skill with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Passion and experience in sports media, especially football, and working knowledge of the sports betting ecosystem.
- Experience producing video for digital platforms in multiple formats.
- Strong writing and editorial decision-making skills.
- Understanding of Web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, streaming, video editing, and Web analytics.
- Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check and a motor vehicle record check & drug screen (for driving roles only).
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter detailing your related experience and information explaining why you thinkyou are the right person for the job. If you do not include a cover letter, you will not be considered.
3. Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Photography & Video