Target Starting Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per year
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85024
www.cap-az.com/jobs, Job #957
Note: The salary range listed ($70,000 - $90,000 per year) reflects the target hiring range only and does not represent the full employee pay range for this position.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Position
The Engineering Department provides engineering expertise, construction project management, technical services, and support to CAP’s Maintenance Department. CAP Engineering is seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to guide the organization in executing construction contracts for multi-disciplinary projects from the conceptual stage to implementation and completion.
As a Construction Contract Administrator you would lead Central Arizona Project in properly managing and administering the pre-award and post-award phases of construction contracts. You would work collaboratively with the project team to develop, and then independently seek legal approval for, the construction contract language. You would work with the awarded construction contractor to make all required progress payments, negotiate and implement any required changes to the contract's time, scope, or cost, and complete and close the contracts. You would be responsible to ensure that CAP administers all facets of construction contracts in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes and CAP's policies and procedures as well as that all contractual project documentation was accurate, complete, and retrievable.
About the Qualifications
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Five years of related professional work experience in construction contract administration or closely related contract administration field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management, Procurement, Engineering or a related field; Or a related Associate’s Degree plus an additional three (3) years of professional work experience; Or a high school diploma/GED plus an additional five (5) years of work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and clients.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from complex written material including contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written documents (including construction contracts) that are clearly organized using proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- High proficiency with entering data and information into a computer.
- Professional work experience performing mathematical computations using Microsoft Excel and other similar software.
- Ability to store files in a computerized document management system.
- Ability to exercise resourcefulness, prioritize tasks and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Experience purchasing in the construction industry, experience with A/E contracting under ARS Title 34, having a CSI certification, and/or having a CCCA certification are all competitive advantages for this opening.
If you are looking for a challenging and impactful role with the opportunity to make a difference in Arizona, all while enjoying a great work/life balance, APPLY ONLINE.
Your water, your future.