This positon will be embedded with our client, BHFO, Inc., at their location in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
At RetailOps, we endeavor to think about the big picture. We think outside the box. For our engineers, solving problems is the name of the game. As a small, lean-and-mean engineering team, we’re responsible for delivering a wide range of projects from conceptualization, to implementation, and deployment. if you seek a challenge, not only in terms of personal growth but also the ability to effect change, then read on!
You Should Be:
- A good communicator. We have a company culture built on openness, teamwork and mutual respect and effective communication is the key
- A self starter that’s takes the initiative and sees things through to completion
- Passionate about software. We believe that passion for a quality product is the only way to achieve positive, sustainable outcomes with software
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Create unit tests
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Nice to Haves
- 2-3 years engineering experience in a professional environment with multiple engineers
- Experience with at least one of: Golang, C#, Node.js, Perl, or Rust (We like Polyglots!)
- A strong sense of humility and willingness to learn.
- An open-mind, sufficient to depart from mainstream orthodoxies when necessary
- A thorough understanding of foundational web technologies.
- A firm grip of Computer Science core concepts
- Competency with MySQL, or other RDBMS
- The ability to educate yourself as needed to get the job done
- Experience using git for source control
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Understanding of microservice architectures
- Competency with ElasticSearch, or other eventual consistency document data stores
- Experience with RabbitMQ, or other pub/sub middleware
- Experience with high traffic, low latency environments
- Familiarity with middle-out compression technology