RF/mmW HW Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 8
Role Number: 200264908
The RF/mmW Hardware Design Engineer will design, develop, and optimize radio frequency hardware circuits and systems for wireless communications devices operating at mmW frequencies. The engineer will be responsible for design and integration of cellular radio platforms, and will be involved from initial concept study to the mass production phase. Some international and domestic travel is required.
- BSEE with 5+ years of industry experience in the field of RF
- Experience with RF/mmW hardware design and/or component design
- Experience in phased array system principles, beamforming, calibration, and array analysis/synthesis.
- Experience in defining conducted and radiated characterization and production test plans for mmW hardware.
- Hands on experience with conducted and radiated hardware characterization
- Fluent in wireless communications standards, wireless technology and communications market trends
- Familiarity with the challenges of development for high-volume manufacturing
- Experience with EM/RF simulation tools such as ADS, HFSS, Matlab, Momentum
- Schematic capture and PCB layout, simulation, and design experience
- Design and simulation of lumped and distributed networks for passive PCB design elements
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, proven track record of working in a dynamic cross functional team
- Well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Nice to have:
- Consumer product development experience
- Programming and scripting languages including C, Python, MATLAB for test setup automation and data analysis
Module and PCB hardware design at operating frequencies above 26GHz Schematic capture, module/PCB simulation and design Implement creative RF designs to realize our wireless product requirements Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and integrate cellular radio platforms into Apple's products Perform RF system lineup analysis to ensure our system designs meet industry and internal standards Create and maintain specifications for RF components and drive component development Travel internationally to support prototype hardware builds. Up to 15% travel required.
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or Ph.D is preferred.