AI/ML - Technical Lead, Siri Asset Delivery
Cambridge , Massachusetts , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jul 15, 2021
Role Number: 200267469
Imagine your future at Apple: You are empowered to bring your ideas to life to build extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Your passion and dedication will propel you to extraordinary achievements at the company, where innovation and problem-solving are rewarded handsomely. Join the AI/ML team to create the next-generation asset delivery platform that unlocks new ways of running artificial intelligence and machine learning models on devices. The Engineering Efficiency team is looking for an experienced technical leader to drive the cross-functional asset delivery platform. The platform allows for machine learning models to be delivered to billions of devices to perform text-to-speech and on-device dictation. You will drive the development of a platform and coordinate with machine learning teams to adopt the frameworks. You will create, implement and drive the future of our technology to meet the current and future needs of the business, which is ultimately better for the billions of people who use Apple products. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in roles similar to deployment systems, CDNs, mobile development
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role setting technical direction and vision for a small team
- Experience in systems programming on iOS (e.g. XPC, NSURLSession, etc) and networking concepts
- Experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Strong systems based reasoning
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and consultative skills, innovative in proposing solutions
Apple is hiring a Technical Leader for our Engineering Efficiency team. We're looking to drive a generational change in the way we deliver assets (e.g. ML Models) to user devices to power machine-learning-based experiences across our different operating systems. One such example is speech recognition which powers a suite of products such as on-device dictation, voicemail transcription, and many others on user devices. You'll be working as part of a team to define the future product roadmap and technical vision for the team. Listen to our customers to deeply understand their needs, and drive discussions within our team and across Apple to create an experience that surprises and delights. AI/ML has a unique development skillset that needs us to reduce the complexity and drive a solution that works across billions of end-user devices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.