HIRING All Shifts!
Full Time + Part Time Available!
1st Shift: Mon - Fri (7 am - 3pm)
2nd Shift: Mon - Fri (3pm - 11pm)
3rd Shift: Sun - Thurs (11pm - 7am)
Weekend: Fri - Sun (7am - 7pm)
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes health care benefits, vacation and other paid time off, generous education benefits, a 401(k) plan, and opportunities for growth and advancement. Our goal is to have a well-paid, highly skilled workforce that stays with us through their careers.
WHO ARE WE
As a Manufacturing Operator, you will gain entry level experience in the production of lawn and garden tools and components. Operators will monitor, tend and or operate various pieces of high speed and manually operated equipment in support of our injection molding process and finished goods assembly.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
In our Carlisle, PA facility
WHAT YOU WILL DO and WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Operate all machinery and production cells as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Team Leader
- Demonstrate the understanding of all required paperwork to include but not limited to, the Bill of Materials (BOM), Hour x Hour sheet, basic tool prints, communication boards, standard work documents, quality visuals
- Demonstrate the capability to meet or exceed established production rates and standards
- Follow basic work instructions daily with reasonable supervision
- Perform operator fundamentals including: simple problem solving including ability to clear routine machine jams, identify and fix routine/repetitive problems, notify appropriate support person if unable to resolve problem themselves
- Perform visual and simple mechanical quality inspection of products being produced
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Address rework as required
- Regularly perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a normal pace; occasionally perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a rapid pace
- Follow the required standard work and achieve the published standard work goals
- Participate in continuous improvement through cost savings suggestions, Lean Events, or other related activities
- Work and communicate in a professional manner with all business associate
- Demonstrate the ability to work with system and…mattec.
- Must comply with all safety policies and procedures; including, but not limited to wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to all AMES Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to, training of others within job class, sanitation, reporting labor & production, safety committee, etc.)
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to complete simple math, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and fast paced assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.