National Beverage Corporation is hiring! While we have multiple location across the US, our plant at 1227 Andover Park E, Tukwila, WA 98188 has several immediate hire positions.
This will involve set up, adjusting, maintaining, and configuring processing equipment according to assigned specifications, and regular communication with production personnel and supervisors and the completion of required paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Turns on all support equipment necessary to run the facility as needed.
- Must do visual inspections and complete documentation during the run to insure defect free
- Load corrugate, labels, bottles/cans, glue, carriers etc... in appropriate
- Performs minor package change-overs on equipment as required, as well as change- over to proper raw
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment with regards to cleaning and clearing them of debris and
- Assist line mechanics in machinery repair or other tasks as/if
- Must insure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run. Air is on, all conveyors are
- Must do visual inspection of boxes to insure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are
- Watch flow of materials, e. Cans/bottles/boxes/trays, etc... into appropriate machine. Clear jams if necessary.
- Must insure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, and if applicable the graphics are acceptable.
- Must insure closures and lids are properly
- Verify flavor and size according to
- Report any major defects to the Lead person and/or
- Monitor the machine while running. Check to see that all bottles, cans are packed into the box
- Fill glue pot's as
- Verify case code is correct as
- Clear your machine of all products at end of each run and at the end of your shift.
- Must follow the work rules at all times. GMP compliance MUST be adhered to at all
- Is responsible to report any quality issue to the Lead person, QA Technician and/or
- Assist in relieving other operators for lunch
- Keep work area clean at all
- Shut down all equipment at end of shift if line is going down for the
- Other duties as assigned by
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull with a dolly or pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
- Prior bottling / canning experience a
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Favorable background and drug test.
- Able and willing to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.
Since its founding in 1889, Shasta Beverages, Inc. has been a beverage industry pioneer and family-trusted staple in America, with over 30 unique, innovative and distinctive soft drink flavors. Shasta has a flavor for everyone -- ranging from the new California Dreamin' and Fiesta Punch to such familiar favorites as Crème Soda and Root Beer. For more information, please visit www.shastapop.com or Shasta Soda on Facebook and Twitter.
Shasta is part of the National Beverage Corp. family of iconic brands.