Member Service Specialist - Bilingual Preferred
Purpose of the Job
The Member Service Specialist I primary responsibilities include providing every member-owner with an exceptional service experience, for understanding member-owners' financial needs, and for meeting those needs with Truliant product and services. The employee must engage in conversations with member-owners in order to identify, understand, and meet financial needs. Financial needs include consumer and business deposit products, consumer and business lending products, investment products, and other services. The Member Service Specialist I performs problem resolution and may also process transactions when necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently processes transactions for members to help them manage their finances. Resolves discrepancies within allotted time as required.
- Ensures consistent adherence to Credit Union member service standards throughout every member-owner interaction, including problem resolution.
- Engages members in conversation to learn about their most important financial needs and goals.
- Executes the MFC's plan to ensure achievement of goals and objectives. Including but not limited to member service scores, loan production, deposit production, new member growth and partner lines of business referrals.
- Educates members on the various products and services available to meet their financial goals and offer to assist them with establishing those identified products and services.
- Proactively assists members by finding ways to make financial services more convenient for them. This includes educating members on the various technological tools available to them to improve their banking experience.
- Utilizes member relationship tools to record and enhance interactions.
- Provides information and processes loan requests on all loan products to member-owners, including mortgages, business service loans, service agreements and insurance while reviewing credit needs for further loan opportunities to benefit the member.
- Understands IRA process and products offered. Opens and provides maintenance for all IRA accounts.
- Adheres to Truliant's policies and supports company decisions and goals in a positive, professional, manner. Follows all security and fraud prevention requirements in order to protect the Credit Union and members.
- Adapts, as needed, to meet the ever-changing needs of our members and the communities we serve.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality when handling member's accounts.
- Researches and resolve member account/service issues.
- Represents Truliant with a high level of integrity and professionalism. Exhibits a professional, business-like appearance, and demeanor.
- Researches and resolves account issues, elevating to problem resolution team as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Provides assistance with member service when needed on the MSR line.
Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008
- Must have sound understanding of standard concepts, practices, procedures, regulations and compliance within the financial services environment
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Must have good arithmetic skills
- Must have basic personal computer skills
- Must have knowledge of advanced products and services
- Must be proficient in service recovery concepts as a vehicle to enhance member satisfaction
- Must understand basic concepts and principles of credit underwriting
- Must have Notary appointment within 3 month period
- Must attend Branch Lending Training within 3 month period
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Occasional standing, walking, and bending required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for moderate periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in the retail industry or financial services preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Previous lending experience preferred
Burlington - Burlington, NC 27215 US (Primary)