ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the Cedar Rapids - Iowa City Corridor for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Customer Relationship Advocate to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Customer Relationship Advocate provides complete technical support through our customer care contact center, for both current and potential cable television, high-speed data (HSD), and phone customers. This position requires teamwork and the ability to achieve customer satisfaction along with meeting department and company goals.
- Assist customers with general service inquiries, account changes, billing information, and technical issues and offering our outstanding products to new and existing customers.
- Demonstrate active listening and effective communication to ensure a mutual understanding of customer's concerns.
- Represent ImOn Communications in a positive, professional, and ethical manner; working to exceed customer's expectations while minimizing need for further escalation.
- Take ownership and accountability that serves to facilitate successful outcomes per customer requests.
- Promote ImOn products and services based on a logical relationship to the customer's needs and in accordance with business goals.
- Analyze and solve problems regarding billing, service, or sales issues.
- Demonstrate punctuality and consistent attendance.
- MUST be able to work a flexible schedule. Shift will fall between the hours of 8am and 7pm, Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays may be required.
- High School degree or equivalent plus at least 2 years customer service experience in a high-contact, service-related environment.
- Proficient PC skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information and directions in an organized and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated listening skills with the ability to obtain key information to assess customer needs and resolve service problems.
- Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Flexibility to work variable schedules and overtime as required.
If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference please apply today!
ImOn also offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.