Assignment Location Center Campus
Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Research assist research analysts with quantitative and qualitative research projects, including surveying, data collection, data organization, documentation, analysis, expository writing and web publication, in support of college administration, planning, evidence-based decision-making, program assessment and student success.
- Plan, collect, organize, document, analyze and report various quantitative and qualitative research
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel to produce timely, valid and useful research and statistical reports
- Prepare written reports, tables, graphs, charts, methodological summaries and presentations based on research findings
- Implement survey research on multiple platforms, including online, on-ground and telephone
- Develop survey questionnaires for paper and online formats, including programming survey logic
- Identify, collect and prepare data for uploading to governmental third party databases
- Assist with in-person interviews and focus group implementation, including scheduling, contacting participants, site preparation, recording and transcribing focus group data
- Analyze data collected from surveys, internal and external databases and other sources
- Organize, update and upload content to departmental website (familiarity with website programming is not required)
- Conduct data retrieval from relational database, using business intelligence software
Prepare and routinely update project status reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Institutional Research and takes direction from the senior research analysts.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: May supervise part time staff as needed
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative social science field or data science is required.
One year of experience in quantitative research, data analysis and expository writing is required.
Demonstrated experience with Word, and Excel, and SPSS or SAS. Experience in Ellucian Colleague and/or SAP Business Objects is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated understanding of social scientific research methods including the ability to analyze and interpret research findings. Ability to thrive in an environment of changing conditions and uncertainty. Must have good analytical, planning and organization skills as well as the ability to maintain records and project documentation. Must be able to function independently as a team member and be a proactive problem solver. Must posses excellent time management skills and decision making abilities. Must be able to handle multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability in communicating effectively in an oral or written format with experience in expository writing. Must have working knowledge and proficiency in a MS Windows environment. Familiarity with the following software is highly beneficial: business intelligence, relational database, ERM, CRM, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Qualtrics and MS Outlook. Basic programming skills are helpful
WORKING CONDITIONS: Usual office conditions. Job responsibilities require work to be performed at all College sites necessitating travel between campuses/buildings and occasional day- and short-term travel may be required to attend external meetings and professional development opportunities.
Work Hours 40 hr work week, may include occasional evenings or weekends
Position Level 3
Salary $50,580 - $64,932 (2021 salary range) Maximum salary upon new hire $50,580
Posting Code AS318P
Open Date 07/15/2021
Close Date 08/06/2021
As an equal opportunity employer and learning institution, Macomb Community College recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. All employment decisions are based on the qualifications of each individual. No person shall be denied equal treatment as a result of a College practice or policy. The College is committed to racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity.